Have you been impacted by the #MeToo campaign and feel compelled to do more?
Northwest CASA is looking for volunteer advocates to assist us with providing 24 hour coverage on our hotline in both the North and Northwest Suburbs of Cook County and/or McHenry County. We provide a comprehensive training for you for free with a 1 year commitment to providing assistance.
Advocates will provide crisis intervention in the following ways:
Medical Advocacy – Available to clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at hospital emergency rooms
– Advocates provide survivors with information and emotional support throughout the medical experience.
– Advocates respond to these hospital calls through the hotline within the state mandated one hour:
Cook County Hospital Partners:
• Alexian Brothers Medical Center, Elk Grove Village
• Glenbrook Hospital, Glenview
• St. Alexius Medical Center, Hoffman Estates
• Lutheran General, Park Ridge
• Northwest Community Hospital, Arlington Heights
• Skokie Hospital, Skokie
• St. Francis, Evanston
• Evanston Hospital, Evanston
CARE Center – McHenry County Hospital Partners:
• Centegra McHenry
• Centegra Woodstock
• Centegra Huntley
Hotline Services – Northwest CASA’s hotline is available to callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
– Advocates answer hotline calls on their own telephones
– Advocates answer the hotline and provide information and referrals or crisis intervention to callers
Contact Allyson Schnoor, Volunteer Coordinator, for more information or to register for the training: email@example.com or 847-806-6526 x19
Full Schedule including Topics: 40 Hour Training – Spring 2019 Schedule