OPEN PAID POSITIONS
Bilingual Trauma Counselor (Full Time)
Click above to learn more about the specific job responsibilities. To apply, please send your resume to our Director of Counseling Services, Caryn, at email@example.com.
Contractual Advocacy (Part Time)
Click above to learn more about the specific job responsibilities. To apply, please send your resume to our Director of Advocacy Services, Allyson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to learning more about you!
Volunteer Medical Advocate Job Description
The Role of a Volunteer Advocate is to provide support to the 24/7 crisis hotline. This includes answering hotline calls, responding to partner hospitals in NWCASA’s service area, and providing documentation within a timely manner.
Advocates work directly with survivors of sexual assault and their significant others.
Hours per Month: Minimum of 24 hours, 4 shifts of 6 hours
24/7 Hotline Crisis Intervention:
- Answer calls during assigned shifts
- Hotline Crisis Calls – Individuals looking for immediate help
- Hotline Information/Referral Calls – Individuals looking for information or resources available to them
- Hospital Calls – Survivors needing an advocate in the hospital setting
- Work closely with survivors in a hospital setting
- Provide emotional support, appropriate information, and referrals when necessary
- Abide by Northwest CASA’s mission statement
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of clients and their significant others
- Submit documentation to the Volunteer Coordinator within the provided time frame
Outreach – As Needed:
- Attend Volunteer Recruitment Events as a Northwest CASA representative
- Attend General outreach events and functions as a Northwest CASA representative
- Support Northwest CASA by attending events and fundraisers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Knowledge of sexual violence issues
- Ability to deal sensitively with victims of sexual violence and their significant others
- Able to work independently and to prioritize/organize tasks
- Ability to provide own transportation
- Has not received any medical/legal advocacy within the past year or counseling at Northwest CASA within the past two years (themselves or anyone in their immediate family)
- Geographic placement based on ability to reach partner hospitals within state mandated 1 hour
- See below for list of partner Hospitals
COOK COUNTY VOLUNTEERS:
Contact Allyson Gluth, Director of Advocacy Services, if interested in volunteering.
Please call 847-806-6526 x190 or email email@example.com
Northwest CASA also is a training center of graduate students in training to become counselors or social workers. Graduate students work under the supervision and guidance of a licensed counselor or social worker. Northwest CASA also trains Bachelor level students. Bachelor level interns will work mostly with the advocacy department, as well as help in the prevention education department. Contact Northwest CASA at 847-806-6526 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule an interview.